Some observations, that I'd wish someone else had put online, which could have saved me hours of googling. I hope at some point this page will show up on google and helps someone.
- Ubuntu 12.04 Logitech DiNovo Edge: If the bluetooth keyboard does not work, edit sudo nano /lib/udev/rules.d/97-bluetooth-hid2hci.rules and change hiddev to hidraw (27/04/2012)
- openssh-server update problem: If you get this error Creating SSH2 ECDSA key; this may take some time ...unknown key type ecdsa dpkg: error processing openssh-server (--configure): while updating the openssh-server package, try this command sudo touch /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key, and run sudo apt-get upgrade again. (21/02/2012)
- Slanted video while encoding: If you get slanted black-and-white frames while encoding video, try scaling the frames to multiples of 16 pixels. (29/06/2011)
- Hamachi linux: If you get this error hamachi-init: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory then try this sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 . (31/01/2011)
- JPGraph error 25070: If you are getting this error and you are certain that all your values are numeric: Please check if your array starts with key 0 (i.e. that array exists and is numeric). The check "to see if all values are numeric" starts at element 0 not 1, and it will fail if there is no element 0. (29/08/2010)
- r8168/r8169 Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx: Say you're using the Realtek r8168 driver instead of the r8169 driver that is supplied with Ubuntu, then you probably know that when you update the kernel, you have to reapply that driver. But if after rebooting your NIC still doesn't work: try turning the power completely off and then on again (actually pull the plug, don't just press the reset button!). Worked for me. Apparently the NIC gets confused by the r8169 driver and has to get a complete power cycle to return to life. Remember that the board remains powered if you don't actually pull the plug. (23/08/2010)
- Image Control IC Capture As lost license key: Email their customer support with the serial number of your camera, they'll send you a new key. (20/08/2010)
- Dell Inspiron 6400 Windows 7 x64: If you're installing Windows 7 on that model laptop, and you're having problems with the screen (it blanks if you pull out the AC adapter), try this: go into the Intel Graphics Adapter menu and decrease the power savings setting until the laptop screen comes back on. Use an external monitor if you have to. Use Fn-F8 and WIN-P to cycle through the various monitor settings until you find one that works. Haven't yet figured out how to regain control of the adjust brightness feature in Windows 7. Fn-buttons for that also don't work. You can still set the level in the BIOS of course. (19/08/2010)
- Putty SSH tunnel SOCKS proxy: In the category "did not know this, would have been useful many times in the last few years..." It's possible. Read about it here (22/07/2010)
- Secure passwords: password generator. (23/07/2010)
- Kerio Connect x64 linux: Doesn't work? Did you install the ia32-libs package? (04/07/2010)
- MC midnight commander looks weird in PUTTY: Set translation to UTF-8. (04/07/2010)
|© 1981-2013 Victor Claessen|
None of the materials from this site may be reproduced
without consent of the copyright owner.